Federal employees cannot sue the federal government in cases related to an injury sustained on the job. This does not mean that, as an employer, the federal government is not obligated to provide comprehensive workers compensation to their employees.

If you are a federal worker and you have sustained an injury on the job, you are entitled to several realities:

Injured federal workers receive payment of all medical bills related to the injury. From your initial visit to subsequent visits or any appointments made with specialists related to the injury, you can receive full coverage of these expenses.

Out of pocket expenses. This may include medications, bandages, medical braces or other aids that you might need right away and will need reimbursement for later. These expenses are covered by workers compensation.

Vocational rehabilitation services. Once you have recovered from an injury, certain rehabilitation services may be required. Whether its physical rehab or new job training, these expenses should be covered by federal workers compensation.

Finally, injured federal workers are entitled to receive full wages for the first 45 days after their injury. After 45, you can contact your workers compensation agency and get filled in on what rate of pay you are qualified to continue receiving.

It is key that you are educated and understanding of your workers compensation benefits as a federal employee and it is key that you have a doctor who is familiar with the process who can make sure that you are receiving the treatment you need and the knowledge that is necessary to make sure that you have the correct paperwork to get the compensation that you deserve.